On the 9th day of Cookies, Chef Gorman brings to us:
Old Fashion Sugar Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
½ tsp vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp milk
Flour for dusting
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy about 3-5 minutes
- Add egg and vanilla and combine
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl and add to the butter mixture. Add milk and mix until combined.
- Remove dough and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Dust counter with flour and roll dough out to an ¼ inch and cut with cookie cutters.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and bake at 350 °F for 7-9 minutes or until edges are light brown.