On the 3rd day of Cookies, Chef Gorman brings to us:
Inside Out Red Velvet Cookies
8oz cream cheese, room temp
3oz unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 cup powder sugar
Splash of vanilla
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Scoop into rounded tablespoons And freeze for 2 hours or overnight
2 1/3 cup AP flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Baking powder
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg + 1 yolk
2 tsp red food coloring
2 tsp white vinegar
- Place butter and sugars into a mixing bowl and mix 3-5 minutes until well incorporated.
- Add egg and yolk and mix at least 1 minute or until fluffy.
- Add food color, vanilla and vinegar and continue to mix until it’s thoroughly mixed stopping to scrape sides down often.
- While butter and sugar are mixing measure out all dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl and mix until all comes together, making sure not to over mix dough.
- Scoop in 2 tablespoonful balls and roll to smooth. Refrigerate 20 minutes until firm.
- Using your thumb smash a indent in the center and place your cream cheese ball inside and roll to completely cover the frosting. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Once cold place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 6 minutes then rotate the pan and bake for another 6 minutes.
Don’t over bake, cookies should be slightly jiggly in the center. The heat from the pan should finish baking the centers while it cools.