Every year when January 27th rolls around, many don’t realize the significance the day holds-National Chocolate Cake Day!
Here at Ms. Rose’s we don’t need a specific day to pay homage to a dessert staple, but National Chocolate Cake Day is here and we’re ready to celebrate. If you’re looking to indulge on National Chocolate Cake Day to the fullest, we recommend ordering our 7 Layer Guinness Chocolate cake. With the unique and rich flavors that come with every bite, we’re confident that you won’t be disappointed if you decide to give it a shot for this important holiday.
If you’d prefer to make your own scrumptious creation that would be considered more of a classic, try out this recipe:
· 2 cups granulated sugar
· 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 2 large eggs
· 1 cup buttermilk
· 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 1 cup boiling water
For the Chocolate Frosting
· 1/2 cup butter
· 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· 3 cups powdered sugar
· 1/3 cup milk
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes
Happy National Chocolate Cake Day, and happy baking!