On the 11th day of Cookies, Chef Gorman brings to us:
1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
8oz of cream cheese, softened
½ cup of sugar
½ tsp salt
2 cups of AP flour
Sprinkles (for decorating)
Filling (choose your favorite)
Cinnamon sugar nuts
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place sugar, flour, salt in a food processor and pulse to combine
- Cube up butter and cream cheese and place it in the food processor and process it until it starts to come together. Dough is ready when if pinched it resembles play doh.
- Dump dough onto counter and bring together into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours or best overnight.
- Pull dough from fridge and let warm up slightly before using. Once warmed up divide dough into 4 equal pieces.
- Flour counter and roll dough into a rectangle about 12 x 6 inches.
- Spread jam, Nutella, or nuts onto the rectangle and roll dough into a log.
- Once rolled, slice into 1 inch pieces and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Egg wash cookies and sprinkle with favorite sugar sprinkles and bake for 12 minutes and rotate pan and bake for an additional 12 minutes or until golden brown.