We are about to make your weekend plans a whole lot sweeter! Pastry Chef Liz Gorman shared with us her lemon pound cake recipe and not only does it look delicious it tastes delicious.
Oh, please don’t forget to show us your pound cakes by tagging @MsRosesFineFood and using the hashtag #RosesLemonPoundCake on Facebook & Instagram.
1 cup softened butter
3 cups of sugar
2 lemons zested and juiced
1 tsp vanilla or lemon extract
6 large eggs, room temp
3 cups ap flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp of salt
1 ¼ cups of sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 325 and spray and flour a 10″ bundt pan.
- Cream butter, sugar, and lemon zest in a stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs 1 at a time mixing well with each addition. Add lemon juice and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Alternate dry ingredients with the sour cream. Start with about ⅓ of the dry and then add ½ of the sour cream then another ⅓ of the dry and so on. Making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl between each addition.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when poked.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing.
- Glaze with your favorite icing. I used lemon juice and powdered sugar!