We know you guys have been missing your Ms. Rose’s fix, so we decided to share our recipe for Old Fashion Sugar Cookies just in time for #NationalSugarCookieDay! Whether you want to treat your family or put together care packages to drop off for your friends, these cookies will be your new go-to. The recipe is super simple so don’t worry if you’re a beginner, and when these come out of the oven you’ll feel like you’re back with us at Ms. Roses. Even better, you’ll be able to enjoy a delicious sugar cookie from the comfort of your own home. We hope everyone is staying safe, and we’re looking forward to being able to have y’all back in with us.
Old Fashion Sugar Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
½ tsp vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp milk
Flour for dusting
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy about 3-5 minutes
- Add egg and vanilla and combine
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl and add to the butter mixture. Add milk and mix until combined.
- Remove dough and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Dust counter with flour and roll dough out to an ¼ inch and cut with cookie cutters.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and bake at 350 °F for 7-9 minutes or until edges are light brown.