More pumpkin, please! Ms. Rose’s Pastry Chef Liz Gorman shares her recipe for the best pumpkin cheesecake you’ll ever taste for #NationalPumpkinCheesecakeDay
Makes 1- 9″ cheesecake
- 1.5 cups gingersnap crumbs
- ¼ melted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temp
- 1.5 cups sugar
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- Vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, room temp
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Mix crust ingredients together and pat into bottom of 9″ spring form pan.
- Bake crust at 350 degrees for 7 minutes
- Allow to cool
- Place cream cheese and sugar into stand mixer and mix for about one minute scraping the bottom and sides very well. Repeat process 2 more times.
- Add eggs one at a time scraping bowl after each egg.
- Add vanilla extract
- When mixed, place 1 cup of batter into a bowl and fold in puree and spices.
- Next, wrap crust in plastic wrap and aluminum foil to avoid leaking.
- Gently pour in plain batter on top of crust and swirl pumpkin into the plain batter.
- Place wrapped pan onto a cookie sheet and carefully pour hot water on cookie sheet to avoid the cheesecake from cracking
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Turn off oven and allow cheesecake to cool in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and remove foil/plastic and allow to cool completely before slicing.
So, whether you’re at celebrating at Ms. Rose’s or trying the recipe out in your kitchen at home, we hope you’ll join us in enjoying the best dessert this fall has to offer. Don’t forget to show us your treats and tag us @MsRosesFineFood on Facebook and Instagram!