On the 8th day of Cookies, Chef Gorman brings to us:
Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies
½ cup of butter
¼ cup of cream cheese
1 cup of sugar
½ tsp vanilla
2 tablespoons of lemon zest, about 1 kemon
2 ½ cups of AP flour
2 tsp of cornstarch
1 tsp of baking soda
¼ tsp salt
3 tbsp of lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar
1.5 tbsp of lemon juice
- Cream butter and cream cheese,in a mixer, for a minute then add sugar and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, ane zest and beat on medium until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Mix flour, cornstarch, soda, and salt in a separate bowl and add half to butter mixture. Mix and scrape down sides then add lemon juice and mix until combined. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 2 hours but overnight is best.
- Scoop into 1.5 tbsp balls and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Whish together powdered sugar and lemon juice and dip tops of cookies and allow to dry.