Ms. Rose’s Pastry Chef, Liz Gorman, wants to help her fellow Halloween fanatics get into the spooky spirit! She’s sharing two of her favorite recipes with us so you can treat your family to the best flavors Halloween has to offer!
- 12 green apples
- 12 lollipop or popsicle sticks
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- Equipment: candy thermometer
- Wash and dry apples. Skewer each apple with a stick.
- Line a sheet pan with wax paper
- Mix sugar, syrup, and water in a heavy-duty pot. Bring mixture to a boil and bring the temperature to 300 degrees.
- Remove syrup from heat and CAREFULLY stir in food coloring. Be careful, the mixture may splatter.
- Working quickly and safely, dip each apple into the sugar until covered. Place on wax paper and allow to cool completely.
Cookies & Scream
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 bag of small marshmallows
- 5 cups of rice cereal
- ½ Oreo crumbs
- Broken Mini Oreos
- Grease a 9×13″ pan
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Fold in Oreo crumbs.
- Add cereal and mix until combined.
- Stir in Mini Oreos
- Scoop cereal into prepared pan and pat down until flat.
- Sprinkle with favorite Halloween sprinkles. Cool and cut into squares.
A little festive flair can go a long way to making sweet treats for the family into precious holiday memories. Try either of these recipes at home and please let us know how they came out! Whether you choose to visit us to celebrate or staying in for a cozy holiday at home, Ms. Rose’s hopes that you have a happy Halloween!