Looking to bake something extra sweet this Memorial Day weekend, well look no further! Ms. Rose’s is sharing with you a delicious recipe that will make all make everyone wanting more…our Double Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe! Oh, please don’t forget to show us your pound cakes by tagging @MsRosesFineFood and using the hashtag #RosesDoubleChocolateChipCookies on Facebook & Instagram.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder not dutch process
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)
- 1 ½ cups chopped Pecans
- Place melted butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer). You can also just use a wooden spoon to mix these! Add granulated and brown sugars and mix on low speed until the mixture is smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Mix in cocoa, baking soda, and salt, then slowly mix in flour and mix just until the batter is smooth and comes together. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl during mixing. Slowly mix in chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. Spacing doesn’t matter because you will be chilling the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Remove the chilled cookie dough balls from the refrigerator and space them 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets. Bake (2 tablespoon-sized cookies) for 11-15 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden and the tops are no longer glossy. Let cool on the cookie sheets at least 10 minutes before removing.
- For the gooey chocolate chip look, top the just-baked cookies with a few chocolate chips!
Baking tip: Be sure to rotate your pans partway through baking for best results. If you have two pans in the oven switch them and rotate them 180°.