On the 4th day of Cookies, Chef Gorman brings to us:
1 ½ cups AP flour
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp smoked paprika
½ pound of extra sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup of unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉
- Place flour, salt, spices into a food processor and mix to combine.
- Add butter and cheese to processor and process until smooth and comes together when pinched.
- Place dough in plastic wrap and shape into a cylinder and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until ready to use.
- Cut into slices or put through a cookie press with a star fitting and cut to desired length on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.